6:30 to 8:00 pm
HomeStreet Bank at WS Junction
41st Ave SW & SW Alaska St
Please come if you can, to plan our next projects and events.
At our last meeting, these rose to the top for 2016. We can do these things only to the extent that we have active participation:
- Safe Routes to Schools, and finding ways to get schools engaged in walking and riding to school.
- Celebration for the work at Chelan 5-way intersection, and monitoring and working for the long term plans there to connect the Alki, WS Bridge and Duwamish trail routes.
- East Marginal Way S Multi-Modal Corridor planning, to make it a really excellent high-bike-volume corridor to SODO and downtown.
- Advocacy for more greenway street implementation on the N-S spine of West Seattle from Admiral to Westwood, parallel to California and 35th Avenues, for destinations in West Seattle and for low-stress through routes. [this with Seattle Neighborhood Greenways]
- Continue events for kids: bike rodeos, mini STP, family rides.
- Duwamish Trail improvements and completion of missing links.
- Neighborhood Parks & Streets Fund grants for spot improvements.
- Engage politically with our new Councilmember whoever she may be; SDOT; neighborhood associations and district councils.
- Social rides!
We also can really use a dedicated webmaster/social media person, and have other roles to fill. Many things do not require attending evening meetings, so email if you are inspired.