Only two hours left to NOT donate to us! We don’t want your money!
We just want you to ride your bike!
And maybe, if you have some time in 2015, to spend a little of it with us. Or ask us to spend some time with you on a project or activity to make it easier and more fun to go places by bike in and from West Seattle.
If you get involved just a little, we’ll be able to do more of what we did in 2014:
- Social rides with friends and families, like the mini STP
- Hosting the West Seattle Bike to Work Day commute station.
- Getting bike corrals and bike racks at shopping areas and schools
- Starting and funding after school bike club at Denny Middle School
- Engaging SDOT and City Council on bike routes in South Park, on Fauntleroy, on 35th Ave SW, at the Chelan 5-way intersection, on East Marginal Way S, and for the Delridge/Highland Park Greenway planning.
- Our Bike Rodeo at Alki Summer Streets, and participation in Fiestas Patrias in South Park. the White Center Community Summit and Morgan Junction festival.
- Grant applications with Admiral, Alki, Highland Park, and Morgan Junction neighborhood associations for traffic safety improvements.
- Night Out with the Junction Neighborhood Association.
- Lobbying at City Council and in Olympia for bike/pedestrian transportation funding.
- Lending support to DIY Bikes of West Seattle.
- Participation in SDOT School Road Safety workshop, Cascade Bicycle Club Policy Ride and Bike Happy Hour in SODO, and another in West Seattle, and memorial and vigil walks and rides.
- Meeting and working with our allies at Seattle Neighborhood Greenways, Cascade Bicycle Club, and Sustainable West Seattle.
We are a volunteer community group, so what WE need are more of us!
If you do have money to give, you could give it to Seattle Neighborhood Greenways, Cascade Bicycle Club Education Foundation, Washington Bikes, Feet First, BikeWorks, Alliance for Walking and Biking, World Bicycle Relief, …